Categoría: Counselling & Int. Services
Programme | CCB Visitors | School Profile | Standardized Testing | Scholarships | Vocational Practices | Agenda | Essay Prompts
The vocational practice is an experience of 16 hours that students have in different professional settings related to the careers that interest them. This is an opportunity to see how a professional works in his own environment, how is the exercise of the profession of his interest and how is the interaction that exists between careers and different professions.
At CCB it is compulsory for students to have at least one vocational practice during the summer between 10th and 11th grades or during the next October recess week.
STEPS TO BE FOLLOWED BY STUDENTS:
- Choose a career of your preference to coordinate the corresponding vocational practice.
- Select a company where there is a professional who can tutor you during the practice, hopefully in an organization where your parents do not work or in a different section.
- Once the contact has been made, request a letter of presentation at the Counselling Office.
- Agree with the company, days and hours to participate in processes, activities, routines and working hours of the career professional of interest in the company. The tutor will be in charge of the evaluation of the student's performance at the end of the practice in the OP1 Form.
- Fill in the OP2 to tell us about your experience and if it reassured you or not in the career of your interest.
You may have your vocational practice in many ways:
- You may participate in a university summer program for high students where you take a course related to the field that interests you.
- You may work in a company where you can practice what you would like to do in your professional life.
- In the case of Medicine, you may participate in the programmes offered by the Counselling Office at Fundación Clínica Valle del Lili, Pontificia Universidad Javeriana Cali or Universidad Icesi. If you have a connection with Imbanaco or any other clinic, you may have your practice there too.
- You may have a vocational practice in organizations through your own contacts, for which you must notify the Counseling Office for the corresponding letter of presentation and necessary OP forms.
- You may ask for a vocational practice at the office of “CCB Exalumnos”.
- You may visit at least two universities and attend information sessions and campus tours. At any case, you must bring a proof of your participation to the Counselling Office. RECOMMENDATION Act quickly and comply with this requirement that is designed for your own good and your future.